Brennan and Geraghty's Store Museum
Brennan and Geraghty's Store Museum was originally an operating grocery store which opened in 1871 and traded in two generations of the same family for 101 years. The store was closed in 1972 by the founder's youngest son George. George was then aged 88 years old, he closed the store intact with unsold stock of soaps from the 1920s and curry powder from the 1890s. He also left behind the trading records, packagings and advertising material. The National Trust of Queensland purchased the store and associated family houses in 1975. The store was opened as a museum in November 1990.
100 000 items including stock, records, ledgers, invoices, advertising material and packagings, all of which are the trading records and stock from 100 years of business.