Manilla Historical Society Royce Cottage Museum
The building that houses our collection is over 100 years old and is the oldest building in the main street. It is heritage listed with the national trust and is owned by the Manilla shire council. For many a year a baker's shop, Royce Cottage was originally built for Mr G.H. Royce, who arrived in Manilla in 1884. The restored building now houses a museum, with many rooms furnished as they would have been in the past. Other rooms feature historical artefacts, pictures of pioneers, local history information, radios and gramophones, vintage washing and sewing machines, the sporting tradition of Manilla, war memorabilia and early machinery. External to the museum are Yarramanbully School Chinese headstones, a machinery shed, a Crompton Arc Lamp and an Aboriginal canoe.
Our Museum concentrates on the history of Manilla and surrounds also we have a number of items from elsewhere.