Army Museum Bandiana
The original collection was first established in 1972 in what was then known as the Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps Centre at Bandiana, four kilometres East of Wodonga in NorthEast Victoria. The collection quickly outgrew this location and was moved to the present site in 1976. The building is corrugated iron clad and timber framed and was built in 1940. At this time it was considered that such a valuable collection should be open to the public. The Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps Museum was formally opened by the Director General of Supply-Army Brigadier J.A.Munro,AO on the 31st of March 1976. 1997 saw the integration of the Army Transport Museum from Puckapunyal,the Army Catering Corps Historical Collection also from Puckapunyal and the Army's Electrical and Mechanical Engineer's Historical Collection from storage in Bandiana. These Museums and Historical Collections combined with the Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps Museum to form the Army Museum Bandiana on the 1st of July 1997. The Army Museum Bandiana was offically opened by the Deputy Chief of Army Maj General J.C. Hartley, AO on the 23rd of October 1997. In 1998 the Health Services Museum at Portsea was closed and the Historical Collections of the Royal Australian Army Medical Corps, Royal Australian Army Dental Corps and Royal Australian Army Nursing Corps were transferred to the Army Museum Bandiana. 1999 saw a display for the Army's Chaplain's Department established.
The Museum houses the following Collections:
2/23rd Australian Infantry Battalion (Albury's Own)
Australian Women's Army Service
Australian Service Nurses
The Museum has 5,000 square metres of display space under the one roof. In the collection the Museum has 120 Vehicles and motor cycles. There are weapons, guns, tanks, audio displays, medals, uniforms and much more.