Central Australian Aviation Museum Inc.
Founded in 1978, the Aviation Museum is on the original "Townsite" aerodrome tarmac area, from where E J Connellan commenced the air service between Alice Springs (N.T) and Wyndham (W.A.) in 1939. Incorporated as a volunteer organisation, CAAM Inc began with the restoration of Connellan's Sydney Williams hangar. Operation of this building, along with a number of exhibits, was handed to the Museums and Art Galleries (N.T.) Board in the mid 1980s, allowing CAAM Inc to concentrate on the development of the Bellman hangar, the acquisition of our C-47 and further exhibits
As well as the memorial to Anderson and Hitchcock, tragic victims of the "Kookaburra" disaster, the collection includes the restored Wackett Trainer, Beech 18DS, Percival Proctor, deHavilland Dove, Auster J 1N, ES52 Glider, and the C-47 representing VH-EWE, the first aircraft to depart Darwin with survivors of cyclone "Tracy"
On display are also many Aircraft instruments, radios meteorological instruments and memorabilia. CAAM also maintains a large collection of aircraft manuals, books and photographs.