Queanbeyan & District Historical Society Museum
The building is known as the "Police Sergeant's Residence", was constructed in about 1876 and adjoins the modern police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social, political and economic life of Queanbeyan and its district. The Museum is run by volunteers of The Queanbeyan and District Historical Museum Society who aim to tell the story of Queanbeyan's history and her place in the development of the National Capital. The society acknowledges the support of The Queanbeyan City Council.
An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging from 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district. Some of the most interesting pieces include: ** An original Lord Nuffield (Morris) Both Iron Lung used in both the Queanbeyan District Hospital and lent to the Canberra Community Hospital during the polio epidemics of the 1950's. ** Courthouse furniture from the original 1875 Court House ** William Farrer, pioneer wheat breeder's piano