Society for the Preservation of Artefacts of Surgery & Medicine
The Society for Preservation of the Artefacts of Surgery & Medicine is the sole owner & governance body of the SPASM Museum.
The collection & museum is now housed in the 1870’s sandstone buildings – one was the gatekeeper’s cottage - the other the male attendants’ cottage - at the Victoria Road entrance to the old Gladesville Hospital Asylum.
The Museum has 9 display rooms illustrating
the history of moveable health heritage items and memorabilia, encompassing both the hospital and non-hospital sectors of nursing and medicine.
Building 6 Old Gladesville Hospital
Enter from Victoria Road entrance
SPASM is the 1st building on the right.
Parking available in car park beside museum
Bus: Victoria Road stop at Hospital entrance
or the Red Metro bus M52 stops at Crown St
The collection contains over 5000 objects, documents and books