Dartmoor District Coach House Museum
The building was originally built as a coach house/blacksmith shop, in 1880, from local field limestone. It served a variety of commercial purposes until its conversion to a museum in 1993. Its whitewashed interior and polished timber floors is a perfect setting to display historical items. Dartmoor has an interesting history, a meeting place in Koori times, a Fording place during European pastoral expansion and epicentre of the Radiata Pine industry from 1927. See the trials and triumphs of a rural community.
District memorabilia; photographs, artefacts, ephemera, implements and historical documents (minute books, rolls and histories) highlighting the social heritage of the district.