Levendale and Woodsdale History Rooms Inc.
The Woodsdale Museum was formally the Woodsdale State School which is on the main road from Oatlands to Runnymede in the Southern Midlands of Tasmania.
The School had been built in 1884 and closed down in 1965. The Levendale and Woodsdale History Room Inc. group restored the building to museum standards and was officially opened in November 2006. In 2009 new developments Sheep Shearing Interpretation Shed and Mens/Farm Shed were officially opened.
The Woodsdale museum holds artefacts from 1860 to 1920 in the old Principals residence section. The school room is a multi function room showing changing displays every two months, school groups visiting and stepping back to 1884 schooling, to young collectors corner where children can show their collections.
In the Shearing Interpretation Shed has a range of objects dating from the mid 1800s, hand on activities for children and the ghost shearer of Woodsdale.
The Men's/farm shed has on display a range of farming tools and machinery along with the Thylacine trap, model Thylacine and habitat.