Narryna Heritage Museum
Narryna is a beautiful Georgian sandstone and brick house with a walled and flagstoned courtyard and a coach-house. It is set in a lovely old world garden shaded by huge elm trees. The building was designed by Edward Winch and built for a merchant, a retired sea captain, Captain Andrew Haig, in 1836.
Approx. 5,000 items plus 124 photos (electronic) Narryna has a most enthralling and significant collection of 19th Century furniture, china, glass, silver paintings, children's toys and domestic equipment. Of special interest is it's large costume and embroidery collection, including examples of Ayrshire embroidery and Berlin wool work, possibly one of the best in Australia. The museum was established in November 1957. It is decorated in the manner of a merchant's house of the early 19th Century and much of the museum's collection is displayed in a "house museum" context.