Taroom and District Museum
The Taroom and District Historical Society has acquired various buildings including the old Church of St. Mary's (built 1893) which is now the main museum building, a blacksmith shop, boat house, hospital room, Reynolds Cottage and Jongh Tai Shue's shop. The buildings house a collection of old machinery used in the Taroom area, furniture, household items, tools, photographs and other artefacts. The museum organises the annual Leichhardt Festival in the museum grounds, between August and September.
The collection illustrates elements of the social history of Taroom District and including life on cattle stations and in the town.