Burnett House & Myilly Point Heritage Precinct
The precinct consists of four houses built in 1938-39 as part of a housing scheme for high-ranking public servants. The four houses are the last of their kind in-situ and are prime examples of pre World War II architecture. Burnett House, named after the architect B.C.G. Burnett, is home for the Trust headquarters. As the Department of Works' architect, Burnett designed the houses at the precinct and many other notable buildings in the Northern Territory. He was responsible for establishing a regional architectural style. The precinct highlights tropical architecture pre WWII and the various gardening styles, thematically.
Four tropical dwellings.