The Berry Museum on the South Coast of New South Wales, is staffed entirely by volunteers from the Berry and District Historical Society, and was formally the E.S. & A. Bank and Manager's residence, situated in the main street of Berry. The building was designed by nineteenth century architect William W Wardell and retains much of its character as a combined place of business and family residence. The collection comprises items and memorabilia donated by the local community. All relate to the area's agricultural and dairying past and to Berry's origins as an estate town of the Coolangatta Estate. There is a good collection of early twentieth century photographs (some original) taken locally; and records relating to local families are maintained. Also available are Aboriginal artefacts, and information on local indigenous people, Microfilms of the "Berry Estate Papers" from the Mitchell Library Collection (1817-1939), the South Coast Register and Broughton Creek Register etc. Over 80,000 names linked to families in the Berry and surrounding districts, on a computer database.
Archival records and photographs of local government, churches, cemeteries, schools, farming, sport and family history. Articles and tools used by early settlers from Berry area for logging, transport, dairying, school, industry, trade and in the home. Also displayed are Boer War uniforms and military memorabilia.