Molong Historical Society
About 1856 the museum building, originally a hotel, was built by James Mortal a rubble mason. Some of the original stonework can be seen as foundations for the verandah and the kitchen walls. The premises continued as a hotel until 1899 variously known as Golden Fleece Hotel, Tattersall's and the Royal Hotel. From 1899 to 1924 the premise was continuously used by a number of doctors as a surgery and residence. The Molong Historical Society Inc acquired the building in 1970 with the assistance of the Molong Shire Council and opened as the museum in November 1970.
estimated 4 000, plus items and 2 000 plus photographs (not including special photographic collection of Fairbridge Farm and students).