Government House was constructed between 1837-1845. It is the most sophisticated example of a Gothic Revival building in New South Wales. It contains an outstanding collection of 19th and 20th century furnishings and decoration that reflect changing styles and the differing tastes of the Governors and their wives. Government House offers exhibitions and education services.
The ground floor State rooms include the dining room, drawing room and ballroom.The first floor includes State appartments that were used by the Governor, visiting members of the Royal family and other heads of State.