University of Western Sydney Archives
The University of Western Sydney has a unique and exciting collection of documents and memorabilia dating from the beginnings of the Hawkesbury Agricultural College in 1891 through to the present day.
The University Archives, in compliance with the State Records Act 1998 (NSW), is the official repository for inactive University records having long-term administrative, legal, scientific, research or historical value. The archives may also include professional and personal records/manuscripts of members of the University staff, student organisations and the community, donated to the University for preservation and use.
The Archives' holdings include those records required to be kept under the State Records Act (1998) as State Archives, and those records that have historical value to the University and surrounding community.
* records of the university governing bodies, such as, the Board of Trustees, Academic Senate, University Management Advisory Committee (UMAC), College Boards of Studies and other significant committees
* records of predecessor institutions – Hawkesbury Agricultural College, Hawkesbury Agricultural College of Advanced Education, Nepean College of Advanced Education, Milperra College of Advanced Education, and Macarthur Institute of Higher Education
* official UWS publications – calendars, annual reports, handbooks, staff and student newsletters, journals and reports
* administrative files
* personal papers of senior staff and other members of the university
* photographs, maps, and plans
* film, video and sound recordings
* records deposited by outside groups – the Community Arts Workshop, Friends of the Library, Diamond Hill Papers of the Kurrajong Hills Committee, and private donations from former students and/or their relatives.