Clarence Town & District Historical Museum Association
A former courthouse building (1869) is the site of a local history museum which focuses on Clarence Town as a terminal of navigation and river port. It's collection encompasses shipbuilding, exploration, maps, documents photographs, memorabilia, household items, timber-getting, agriculture and the history of the settlement of Williams River. In addition to the above, a native cottage garden is in the process of being established, together with a replica pioneer settlers cottage about to be constructed, materials on site, containing names, photographs (where available), and information on Pioneer Settlers; all surrounded by native trees. In this manner there will be provided a background to Clarence Town's heritage and a support to our Historical Museum.