Parramatta Female Factory Precinct
Parramatta Female Factory Precinct Inc is a non-profit organisation established in 2006 to raise awareness about the history and heritage of the Precinct and its historical institutions. Covering an area of approximately 35 hectares the Precinct is located between the Parramatta River and Fleet Street about 3 klms north of Parramatta CBD. Within the Precinct can be found Australia's earliest Female Factory (1821-1848), the first purpose Roman Catholic Orphan School (1841-1886) and the longest operating child welfare institution in Australia - Parramatta Girls Industrial & Training School. (1887-1983).