Moore Theological College Library Archives
The Archives form part of the Moore Theological College Library. The College opened at Liverpool, NSW in 1856 following a bequest for the founding of a theological college by Thomas Moore. It moved to Newtown in 1891. The College has rendered its chief service to the Anglican Diocese of Sydney, the majority of its clergy train at the College. However, women and men from a number of Protestant denominations have trained at Moore and then served in Sydney, Australia and other parts of the world. The College offers accredited courses from diploma to PhD level (PhD in conjunction with U of Sydney or UWS).
The Moore Theological College Library Archives contains material that extends over the life of European settlement in Australia. The Archives contain material brought out on the First Fleet through to items owned by influential men in the early days of the colony to the papers of leading Anglican church women and men to the present day.