Friends of Linnwood
Linnwood in a Heritage listed house situated at 25 Byron Rd, Guildford. It was built in 1891 as the country residence of George and Susan McCredie. After his death in 1903, it was sold to the Government and became a home for truants and later a girls' home. The house was heritage listed in 2002 and now conducts open days five times a year and has public meetings 5 times per year. The house and individual rooms are available for hire.
As the only heritage listed house in Holroyd municipality, Linnwood has attracted the donation from local residents of a large number of historical artefacts, many with connections to the local area. Part of this collection is displayed at each open day.