Mildura Arts Centre Gallery
Founded in 1956, the Gallery was originally housed in Rio Vista House, now a historic house museum (see separate entry). A highlight of The Permanent Collection is a significant collection of English and traditional Australian paintings donated by Senator R D Elliott and Hilda Elliott, and including works by Brangwyn, Orpen, John, Cox, Streeton, McCubbin and McInnes. The Gallery also has a significant collection of contemporary Australian sculpture. The Gallery and Rio Vista are part of the Mildura Arts Centre.
Estimated 1700 items of art. It includes Australia's best Degas and Australia's most important collection of sculpture of the period 1960-1980.