Urrbrae House was built in 1890 for Mr Peter Waite by the Adelaide architect Charles Howard Marriott. It was the first house in Adelaide to have red roof tiles, and electric lighting, and it also had an extensive refrigeration plant. The house and grounds are available for public inspection. A museum which outlines the history of the Waite Institute is also being developed nearby.
150,000 items including artefacts, photographs and archives