Army Museum of South Australia
The museum is situated within Defence Centre - Adelaide's Keswick Barracks. The Barracks were established in 1912 when the Army moved from North Terrace, Adelaide, to a fringe parklands area at Keswick. The museum is housed in an original 1912 building near the Anzac Highway entrance gates and is accessible to the general public. It is tri-service, with a collection steadily growing to embrace all aspects of service life - army, navy, air force and women's services - from pre-Federation to the present day. The museum was opened on 30 September 1992.
10,000 items of militaria. Approximately 9,000 badges. Strengths include a large military memorabilia collection (pre- Federation to Vietnam) including World War II uniforms, badges, buttons, colour patches, and a collection of Army medical/nursing artefacts (World War II).