Loxton Historical Village
The Loxton Historical Village has been developed to preserve the history and way of life of the early settlers with the emphasis on the struggle and growth of the farming community from its beginning in 1895. The project started with the building of the pine and pug hut in 1970. There are now over 30 buildings. A mallee stump weighing one and a half tons carries the plaque commemorating the opening by Don Dunstan in 1973.