The Waite Arboretum, established in 1928, comprises 30 hectares of 2,500 labelled trees and shrubs from all over the world grown under natural rainfall. The Arboretum is located just 10 minutes drive from the centre of Adelaide. Special collections include Eucalypts (over 350 species), Pears (26), Oaks (38), Acacias (50), Banksias (50), Hakeas (60) with palms and cycads along an attractive watercourse. The adjacent Urrbrae House Historic Precinct comprises a beautiful bluestone residence which is open to the public, a magnificent Rose Garden and the Coach House Museum which houses scientific displays. Free guided tours are held the first Sunday of every month. The Waite Arboretum has achieved international recognition for the merit of its collection. The Waite Arboretum is listed on the National Estate & State Heritage Registers.
2,500 labelled trees and shrubs from all over the world, grown under natural rainfall (625mm). Established in 1928.