Fannie Bay Gaol
Fannie Bay Gaol, a registered Heritage site, operated as Her Majesty's Gaol and Labour prison in Darwin from 20 September 1883 until 1 September 1979. The original building comprise Blocks A and B containing six cells, and a kitchen and a washhouse. The Infirmary was added in 1897. A separate cell block for female prisoners was added in 1928, and a watch tower, a "native section" for Aboriginal prisoners, a kitchen mess building, remand section and two maximum security wings were added during the 1950s.