Stuart Town Gaol
Built in 1907-08, this building served as the town's gaol until 1938. Stuart Town Gaol was the town's first official building. Although it is architecturally simple in style, its use of local materials if of great importance. The floor plan and fittings reflect the harsh discriminatory treatment of prisoners during the time of its use. The display focus is on the history of law and order in Central Australia and the conditions under which prisoners were kept until 1938.