Experiment Farm Cottage
Experiment Farm Cottage stands on the Colony's first land grant, Governor Phillip's reward to convict farmer James Ruse in 1791 for his successful farming experiment on this site. Colonial Surgeon John Harris bought Ruse's land in 1793 and built the existing Cottage in 1834. It is furnished to reflect the times and taste of Dr Harris. The cellar houses a permanent exhibition on the life of James Ruse.
Approx 500 items of furniture and artefacts