Bathurst Regional Art Gallery

The current gallery opened in 1990 and presents a quality exhibition program featuring touring exhibitions and selections from the permanent collection, and a varied program of activities including lectures, workshops and educational services. The permanent collection was initiated in 1955 with the first Carillon City Festival Art Prize. Special focus areas include the Lloyd Rees Collection, Australian Studio Ceramics from the early 1970s, the artists of Hill End from 1947 to the present, and the settlement of Bathurst and District from 1815.

Collections

Estimated 1,000 works