Lambing Flat Museum
The museum is currently housed in the former Young Public School, built in 1883. Originally opened in the town library in 1967 by the Young Historical Society, formed in 1958, the museum later moved to larger premises in the old Presbyterian Church building that was unfortunately destroyed to make way for a restaurant. The museum then moved to the Young Public School.
Collection items total tens of thousands and have various points of interest. Displays include a collection of fashion items dating from 1854, war memorabilia and items from the Old Young Gaol. Also, a number of trades and professions, instruments and phonographs, old armoury items, radios, gramophones, telephone exchanges and telephones, barber chairs and tools, dentistry display, hairdressing displays of early perming equipment (our torture chamber), plus old farm tools, kitchen items and a lot of knick knacks - something to interest everyone.