Tomago House & Chapel
Set in spacious grounds, Tomago House is a fine residence built in the 1840's for Sydney barrister Richard Windeyer as his country estate. The elegant home of Muree sandstone features cedar joinery of high quality, and fine marble and timber fireplaces. A central hall with slightly domed roof and round-headed wall niche complements the magnificent drawing-room and dining-room, with their curved bays allowing excellent views of the grounds. French doors open out to the flagged sandstone verandah, which is supported by slender cast-iron columns. Tomago Chapel was built at the direction of Maria Windeyer and her sister, Elizabeth Camfield, about 1861, as the family's place of worship, shared with estate-workers and neighbours.