Wagin Historical Village Museum
Displays of artefacts, buildings and machinery depicting the early history of Wagin from 1840. We have 25 original and replica buildings, plus an extensive machinery display. Winner of the Heartlands Tourism Award for 2003 and 2003 and finalist in Community of the Year 2003. Totally volunteer driven.
The museum covers 2 acres and is a detailed picture of everyday life in the area around the time the early settlers first arrived circa 1840 until 1920. The collection consists of 5,000 items and 1,500 photographs. The Village consists of the Original Bank, Schoolhouse, Quarantine Ward, Dunny, Replica Printing Office, Church, Wattle and Daub Cottage, Mud Brick Cottage, Dairy, Stables, Blacksmith, Bag Tent, Barbers Shop, Dressmakers, General Store, Post Office , District Hall, Museum Hall, Tearooms , Machinery Sheds.