Kalamunda History Village
Kalamunda History Village is a local history museum on the site of the original Kalamunda railway station yard. The two original station buildings and platform are listed as buildings of significance by the National trust of Australia. To this site the original Kalamunda School, the first two Post Offices and three domestic buildings have been relocated as well. Hence a village-like atmosphere is created around the station yard. Three domestic buildings: a pioneer's cottage dated at 1881 (off site), a 1900s settler's cottage and a 1920's guest house are presented as period houses. A school room has been restored as a pre WW11 classroom and is used as such for school visits. Transport used in the area from the time of settlement to mid 1900's is well represented with a steam locomotive, horse drawn carts, farm machinery, fire truck and road graders.
The collection is focused on the Kalamunda district from earliest settlement to 1961 when Darling Range Roads Board became the Shire of Kalamunda. Specific topics are collected such as artefacts and information on significant people, businesses and land usage. The collection covers all aspects of local social history. A comprehensive archive and photographic collection are housed in the Local Studies room of the Kalamunda Library.