The Residency Museum
Built C1852 as part of Convict Hiring Depot, later extended for use by Resident Magistrate. Taken over in 1902 by the State Health Department and included in the hospital complex until 1963. Vacant until 1969 when restored by the York Society for establishment of the museum.
The development of York from 1831, including surrounding area. Reflects changes in York society and lifestyle since settlement. Large photographic collection.